MS Money RRS feed

• Question

• I have just installed MS Money 2007 on Vista 32 Home Premium, with OneCare installed. All goes well until I try to update Money with the online update to the bank. It fails each time. However if I turn off OneCare Firewall, it updates without problem. I cannot seem to locate the correct program part to "allow" it to update sucessfully with the firewall turned on. Can anyone help me with this problem? I've been working on this for two days now......

It did work on my old XP computer with Onecare, so I know it must be there somewhere, however when the hard drive died, it took the answer with it.........

Thanks for any help,
    Al
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 3:38 PM

Answers

• I finally got it to work!! I went into OneCare Firewall Advanced settings and removed all instances of "Money". Restarted the computer and tried again. It worked. OneCare installed 2 new Allowed settings, Microsoft Money and Microsoft Money Update Utility (both the same versions as previous).

Thanks for your help Stephen.

Al
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 4:27 PM

All replies

• I don't have Money 2007 installed, but I believe that the file is msmoney.exe located within your \Program Files folder. Money should be automatially allowed access unless you have configured the firewall to always prompt you. Check the allowed/blocked list in OneCare on the firewall tab of OneCare settings to see if it has been blocked. If you are unable to get this working, I recommend that you contact OneCare support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 3:53 PM
  • I finally got it to work!! I went into OneCare Firewall Advanced settings and removed all instances of "Money". Restarted the computer and tried again. It worked. OneCare installed 2 new Allowed settings, Microsoft Money and Microsoft Money Update Utility (both the same versions as previous).

Thanks for your help Stephen.

Al
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 4:27 PM
  • Glad that you were able to resolve the problem. Thanks for reporting back what you did.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 5:16 PM