Solution Import Error - Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Wealth Management RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've downloaded and am I'm attempting to import the "Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Wealth Management" solution from PinPoint Marketplace, however I receive the following error when trying to do so. Can any one advise? (Error Listed Below)

Thanks,

Duncan

Gets this far then error...

21:06:25.70 

Chart 

Account 

Legal Account 

Account 

Legal owner of all portfolios, holdings, and assets. 

Failure 

0x80048426 

Error in XSD Validation of the dataDescription. Unhandled Exception: System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidationException: The 'alias' attribute is not declared.    at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.SendValidationEvent(XmlSchemaValidationException e, XmlSeverityType severity)    at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.SendValidationEvent(String code, String arg)    at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.ValidateAttribute(String lName, String ns, XmlValueGetter attributeValueGetter, String attributeStringValue, XmlSchemaInfo schemaInfo)    at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.ValidateAttributes()    at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.ProcessElementEvent()    at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()    at Microsoft.Crm.Visualizations.FetchXmlVisualizationDataModule.ValidateWithXsd(XmlDocument doc) 

• Edited by DrHughes Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:46 PM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Needed the Rollup 5 - had forgotten to apply it.

Duncan

Friday, January 13, 2012 8:22 PM
  • I have another solution to this problem in the event that you are not able to get UR5 installed right away.  If you open up the Solution Export Zip file, then open customizations.xml.

On the visualizations section of each entity, search for visualizations (charts) with an XML tag as such:

<category alias="group_column">...

and replace it with this

<category>

Essentially you need to remove any alias attribute values from category tags.  I found that the easiest way to find these was to do a search for "category alias" and then remove each alias instance.

Save, re-zip your solution and you will be all set.

Note, this should not be done for production systems, but for dev/test environments, this little trick can save you time if you have to wait for UR5 to be installed on your target system.

• Proposed as answer by Ronald Lemmen Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:30 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:59 PM