registration for Microsoft visual express 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the Microsoft visual studio express 2012 for windows 8. The application have 30 days free trial which have been ended. I want get the full version of Microsoft visual studio express 2012 for windows 8. I will be very thankful to you for solving or helping me in the problem. so please guide how to register for Microsoft visual studio express 2012 for windows 8.

Saturday, September 5, 2020 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Unless there is a very compelling reason to use Visual Studio Express 2012 use Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition which has no expiration.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Saturday, September 5, 2020 9:50 PM
  • Hi ahmad,

Thank you for posting here.

I agree with Karen, using Visual Studio 2019 would be a better choice.

1. Visual Studio follows the 10-year Microsoft product life cycle strategy. The first five years of mainstream support provide feature updates, platform updates, security updates and feature fixes. Security updates will be provided during the next five years of extended support.
    For Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012, its life cycle has been in the last five years, in other words, the main support has ended.

2. The new version of Visual Studio will have many new features. For example, Windows Forms Designer for .NET Core is available from Visual Studio 2019 version 16.6.

For more information, you can check this document:

What's new in Visual Studio 2019

3. Like Karen said, Visual Studio 2019 provides a free community edition.

If you encounter any problems when using Visual Studio 2019, you can post the problem on Microsoft Q&A at any time.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 7, 2020 6:27 AM