none
Resurrect a very old account

Question

• Hi!

I have just gotten back into .net development after a 7 year long hiatus, and I managed to find my old forums account from back in the days. I would love to 'resurrect' it instead of creating a new one, but since I do not remember anything about the login credentials is there any other way of gaining access to it again? It was created back in 2006...

(I've tried the forgot-password route)

Thank you

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 2:25 PM

Answers

• I'm trying to remember when the new profile/recognition system started, but I believe it was fall 2011. If your last activity was before that date, there may be no (or little) advantage to using the old profile. Can you provide a link to the old account?

If the account exists, you can email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com, with a link to your old profile. The forum admins at that address may be able to help.

Edit: I found this:

This forum doesn't cover Live ID issues. If you have one, try making a request via this form.

Or report the issue to the WL Forum. Support page.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 3:33 PM

All replies

• I'm trying to remember when the new profile/recognition system started, but I believe it was fall 2011. If your last activity was before that date, there may be no (or little) advantage to using the old profile. Can you provide a link to the old account?

If the account exists, you can email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com, with a link to your old profile. The forum admins at that address may be able to help.

Edit: I found this:

This forum doesn't cover Live ID issues. If you have one, try making a request via this form.

Or report the issue to the WL Forum. Support page.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 3:33 PM
  • Thank you for the answer!

To be honest the value of the old profile is mostly emotional and nostalgic :)

Here's a link: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Profile/globbe/activity

I will send a message and we'll see what can be done.

Friday, January 20, 2017 8:12 AM