How to work on Queues and Routing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can anyone send me the link that explains in details about how to use the queues and routing  in crm 5.0 with screen shot or scenario

Thanks

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 5:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Shankarbala

Did this help?

Please make sure to mark as answer to the response that helped you get through. This will help others with similar problem identify the answer and also close this thread as resolved.

Thanks

Dk

• Marked as answer by Shankarbala Friday, November 11, 2011 8:40 AM
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:32 PM

All replies

• http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2010/12/20/introduction-to-queues-in-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011.aspx

holds detailed explanation of the queues functionality.Hope this helps.

crmdev2011

• Proposed as answer by crmdev2011 Wednesday, November 9, 2011 6:05 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 6:00 AM
  • Hi Dev,

Already i checked this link, few things i am not clear is like, I assing a case to a customer service representative(CSR) through 'work on'. But still i am able to assign the case to some other user either through owner login or CSR login. so my question is once a case  is assigned through workon it is not getting locked. its allowing to assign some other user through workon option.

Another question is if the case is release what will be the next step to proceed that case?

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 6:51 AM
  • Hi Shankarbala

These are few concept of queue use with email routing

Queue are linked with email boxm which has a owner and a Business unit

when a email is sent to an email address which is linked to the email item is  dropped in the queue

Any one who have access to the queue folder can accept the email id ,

which changes the OWNER ship of the email activity ,

After this the new owner can reassign to any other user who can access the Email activity

Note , if the case / activity is assign to a another queque , it would stay in the queue

until its accepted or assigned to a USER.

Hope this help

Dk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 7:11 AM
  • Hi Shankarbala

Did this help?

Please make sure to mark as answer to the response that helped you get through. This will help others with similar problem identify the answer and also close this thread as resolved.

Thanks

Dk

• Marked as answer by Shankarbala Friday, November 11, 2011 8:40 AM
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:32 PM