none
Compiling cuda code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

With Visual studio 2017, I want to compile a cude command from the command line. I opened the developer cmd and ran "nvcc file.cu" but I got a lot of errors. It seems that I have to set some other things, e.g. paths, to be able to compile from command line.

Any idea about that?

Saturday, October 14, 2017 11:47 AM

All replies

• Hi mahmoodn,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, please check this doc: CUDA Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows

Follow the detail guide steps from the above doc, make sure your OS meet the system requirement, verify the system has a CUDA-capable GPU and install the NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit.

To verify the installation, the version of the CUDA Toolkit can be checked by running nvcc -V in a Command Prompt windows (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt). You can also compile and run some of the included sample programs to have more tests.

If you still meet other compile issues about CUDA, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/ to seek for a better support, since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE and CUDA is a third-party software, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 16, 2017 2:31 AM
  • Hi mahmoodn,

Since we have not get your updates for several days, I just want to confirm your issue is solved or not. If it persists, please redirect to this suitable forum: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/ and you will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your understanding.

If your issue is fixed, we welcome you to share your solution and it will help other community members, thanks in advance.  

Meanwhile, if you have any other issues about VS IDE, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, October 19, 2017 5:55 AM