MS CRM 2013 - Dashbords Dynamically Changing Data based on Criteria RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a set of dashboards that contain data/charts reporting on specific regions

Each user is assigned a region.

When a user logs in he/she should only see data for their own region.

What is the best approach to develop his considering that we have many regions (up to a 100) and we do not want to go down the path of creating the same type of dashboard/views for each region?

• Edited by Stanley_Lai Wednesday, July 30, 2014 2:36 AM
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 2:36 AM

All replies

• Make sure the user owns the data for their region. That's the easiest way, as you can just make a universal View for "My data" of whatever type you want and everyone will only see their own, and the chart will only render their data.

Alternately, you could segment the regions out by business unit and make sure the user roles limit them to only seeing data in their business unit.  This is a lot more restrictive, but possible.

Lastly, you could make some kind of relationship between a region entity and the user, and then give the user ownership of the region.  Then relate the region entity to each kind of record you want to filter and use the first suggestion above.

Put simply, you are going to need to create a View where you can use something like "Owner equals Current User" as a filter, so all salespeople can look at the same system view, but only see their data.  Once you solve how to do that for your business, the charts just flow from that view.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:51 PM