none
Azure AD sync RRS feed

• Question

• I currently run Azure AD sync on windows 2012 r2. If I spin new windows 2019 server how hard is to move Azure AD sync our of windows 2012 R2 to 2019 server. Once complete I would like to clean all Azure AD sync component out of 2012 r2 and promote old server to DC to remove 2008 r2 DC. Kind of prep to eventually move all to windows 2019 DC too

Thursday, January 30, 2020 6:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you provide more details about your issue and environment to make the question more clear?

Based on my knowledge, you have to enable staging mode to move Azure AD Connect to a new server. Here is a blog about Migrating Azure AD Connect to a New Server, you can check it for more details.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 31, 2020 5:22 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any questions or need further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 7, 2020 11:06 AM