none
Error 0xC1900101 - 0x20040017 when installing 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum or not.  If this is not the right forum then could somebody tell me which one to post in as none of the forums seem to apply to my problem.

Anyway, I want to reserve a copy of Windows 10 but I am not getting the icon.  I am assuming that I need to get Windows 8.1 first.  However, the reason I have not done this in the past is because my computer will not allow me to.  Every time that I go through the whole process of downloading and installing it, it seems to go fine until my computer tries to run it for the first time, then I get the error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x20040017.

I have tried about a dozen times now and nothing works.  I made sure to download all of the Windows Updates recently but still it will not work and I am having the same problem.  I don't run antivirus, I just use the basic protection that is built into Windows.  I have tried disabling my firewall and that doesn't help.  

I have scoured the forums for quite some time and have not been able to find anything that is actually usefully.  Mostly just people sharing a link to an answer that is for a different error code.  I would love some help if anybody knows how to solve this.  Or if there is another way to be able to reserve Windows 10 without upgrading to 8.1 then that would be fine as well and I could just wait until I get that.  Thank you for any help.

• Moved by Naomi NModerator Thursday, July 30, 2015 8:16 PM Off-topic for Suggestions Forum
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 7:37 PM

Answers