Can't subscribe to Windows Live OneCare - Registration will not accept any credit card info I USE RRS feed

• Question

• I am near the end of my trial subscription to OneCare and have decided to subscribe to the service.  I went to the appropriate screen, keyed in all of my info, then went to the screen to put in payment info.  After keying in everything requested--including the CVV code on the back of the credit card--and hitting submit, the screen blanks out the credit card number and the CVV and indicates that these fields need to be filled in.

I have done this with three different credit cards and cannot get the screen to recognize my registration and payment info.

My frustration level could not be higher.

Please advise how I can pay for the subscription and have it extended for a year.

Lynn Jensen

Sunday, September 14, 2008 8:12 PM

Answers

• As mentioned in other replies, when the form clears on submission, it typically means that characters other than letters or numbers have been entered in the form. And that isn't just the credit card number, but also the name and address fields. If you are not entering anything other than letters of numbers in the form fields, then please contact support for help - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:05 PM

All replies

• Are you only typing in Letters or Numbers -no dashes/slashes/periods etc.

Sunday, September 14, 2008 8:53 PM
  •  

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I am typing in only numbers, the same way I have done credit card entries literally hundreds if not a thousand times before over the last 10 years. 

Occasionally, a person runs into a site that is not working properly.  But it is particularly frustrating when you are trying to pay for something.

Monday, September 15, 2008 3:29 AM
  • I can relate to that frustration...

Is there some international residency involved?  For instance being a US citizen, but living overseas even temporarily, or perhaps having a credit card billing address in a different location?

Monday, September 15, 2008 5:11 AM
  • lejensen,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare program forums.

If you are in a different country other than the one you had initially set up OneCare at, you will need to change the language settings of your Internet Explorer Browser before entering in your credit card information.

I hope this helps,

Lori MS

Monday, September 22, 2008 10:16 PM
  • As mentioned in other replies, when the form clears on submission, it typically means that characters other than letters or numbers have been entered in the form. And that isn't just the credit card number, but also the name and address fields. If you are not entering anything other than letters of numbers in the form fields, then please contact support for help - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:05 PM