SCAN REPORTS RRS feed

• Question

•  

I GET MESSAGE AFTER SCAN THAT I HAVE:

WORM:WIN32/MYDOOM

TROJANDOWNLOADER:WIN32

TROJANDROPPER:WIN32

HOW CAN I GET RID OF THESE?  I SCAN THE MACHINE AND IT DOES NOT FIND THEM FOR ME TO DELETE./

WOULD HOPE MACHINE COULD GET RID OF THEM ITS SELF BUT NO.

HELP

RICK

Thursday, October 9, 2008 4:32 PM

Answers

• Does the report indicate that these infection have been quarantined or does it indicate Quarantine Failed?

If they are quarantined, open OneCare, change settings, Virus and Spyware tab, Quarantine button.

If it says Quarantine Failed, see this post for information about Quarantine Failed - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1548384&SiteID=2

I'm moving this thread to the Anti-virus topic folder.

-steve

Thursday, October 9, 2008 5:22 PM

All replies

• Does the report indicate that these infection have been quarantined or does it indicate Quarantine Failed?

If they are quarantined, open OneCare, change settings, Virus and Spyware tab, Quarantine button.

If it says Quarantine Failed, see this post for information about Quarantine Failed - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1548384&SiteID=2

I'm moving this thread to the Anti-virus topic folder.

-steve

Thursday, October 9, 2008 5:22 PM
  • hey Hobbshome

To know more about what happened with these viruses can you send me the detailed logs.

Logs can be found at

Vista

1. c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OneCare Protection\Support\MPLOG*(some file which starts with MPLOG)

XP

2.      c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OneCare Protection\Support\MPLOG*(some file which starts with MPLOG) (This is if you have win xp)

Note : These are hidden so you have to make sure that you enable show hidden files and folders

Let me know if you face any problem in the above steps

You can email  me the logs at

montyj@microsoft.com

Thanks

Monty Jain[MSFT]

Thursday, October 9, 2008 5:47 PM