When will Remote access to Windows 7 computers be working from the WHS ****/homeserver.com site be fixed? RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know when WHS sill support Windows 7 for remote access from the Windows Home Server personal website? I need to browse my Windows 7 computer and/or remote access them but can not.

Is there a workaround?

Thank you,

Shane
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:31 PM

Answers

• Does anyone know when WHS sill support Windows 7 for remote access from the Windows Home Server personal website? I need to browse my Windows 7 computer and/or remote access them but can not.

Is there a workaround?

Thank you,

Shane
    If you are talking about connecting to a Win7 computer within your LAN from the internet, it already works, providing you have the correct version of 7 at home (Professional, Ultimate, Enterprise).  If you are having a different problem, please clarify.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 3:10 PM
  • On top of what kariya already said, you might also want to check that the radio button Allow connections from computers with any version of Remote Desktop is selected (or something similar named, since I just have only a German version on my hands) in the Remote settings of your clients.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:45 PM

All replies

Is there a workaround?

Thank you,

Shane
    If you are talking about connecting to a Win7 computer within your LAN from the internet, it already works, providing you have the correct version of 7 at home (Professional, Ultimate, Enterprise).  If you are having a different problem, please clarify.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 3:10 PM
  • On top of what kariya already said, you might also want to check that the radio button Allow connections from computers with any version of Remote Desktop is selected (or something similar named, since I just have only a German version on my hands) in the Remote settings of your clients.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:45 PM