Flickering video call RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following problem that's bugged me for over 2 months now: When I am in a video call, the camera picture flickers a LOT. It seems completely fine when I run the Audio and Video wizard. (set audio and video...).. It does mostly show me, and not the other person, even if I've disabled picture-in-picture..

My setup: Vista (latest SP and patches), Logitech Pro 9000, latest driver. Nvidia Quadro FX 560
    Communicator version 2.0.6362.0

It somehow happened when I updated to the latest Nvidia driver, but after uninstalling that and installing the driver from Microsoft.com (windows update), I still have this problem!

What can be the cause of this? I've tried upgrading all hardware-drivers but still no news.
    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 1:00 PM

All replies

• I once had Nero break my camera (codec issues)

So I guess you should look for codecs and uninstall them

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:40 AM
  • I have tried identifying codecs, and I cannot find the resolution to this...
    I do not have Nero installed. The only program that might have a codec could be VMWare Workstation, but I highly doubt that VMware can create this trouble...

Any help is still appreciated..
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 9:08 AM
  • This is only one workstation right?

May try to reinstall

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:03 PM
  • I have exactly the same issue and its driving me insane. And its only my workstation. My collegues is fine with the same setup

Vista Business x64 SP1 with all the hotfixes

MOC CLient 2.0.6362.97

Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000

Funny thing is video through Live Messenger works fine.

Friday, November 21, 2008 1:03 AM
  • The problem is also present in OCS R2. I've installed Communicator R2.

MSN works fine.
    Monday, February 2, 2009 9:24 PM
  • Did you find a solution for this very annoying problem? I have the same and nothing seems to work. Tried changing camera's drivers etc.. No solution so far. It would be great to have a solution for this.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 9:19 AM
  • It somehow dissappeared. I think it might be related to my HP Workstation xw6400, which has some known hardware USB problems which HP seem not to intend fixing.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 10:41 AM
  • We have pretty much the same issue in house on 1 laptop. The communicator video screen flickers between the 2 video streams constantly. All drivers have been upgraded and the communicator client is the latest shipping client. No other workstation has this problem.

Could someone please help!!!!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 6:01 AM
  • Folks who are seeing this issue, please post your respective graphics cards info and the current driver version you see the issue with. Please share out your dxdiag info. We are investigating a graphics card driver issue that may be the root cause.
    Thanks
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 7:01 PM
  • I have the same problem.  It makes video calls impossible.  Here is my display device info from dxdiag.

Display Devices
    ---------------
            Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
         Manufacturer: NVIDIA
            Chip type: NVxx
             DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
           Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0622&SUBSYS_23621682&REV_A1
       Display Memory: 2288 MB
     Dedicated Memory: 497 MB
        Shared Memory: 1791 MB
         Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
              Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
          Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
       Driver Version: 8.16.0011.9062 (English)
          DDI Version: 10
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
     Driver Date/Size: 8/17/2009 00:57:00, 9380352 bytes
          WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    Friday, October 9, 2009 7:13 PM