none
Is Preparation for MCTS 70-511 enough by studying microsoft Press Books published by Oreilly? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

[This is my first time for microsoft certification]

I'm planning to take MCTS 70-511.

I'm currently going through" MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-511): Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4"

1.Do all the Skills measured for certification provided in the below link http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-511&Locale=en-us#tab2 covered in the book?

2. Is the questions in the CD (provided in the training Kit) similar to the ones we get in MCTS 70-511??

3. Will a person be able to clear the certification, if he goes through the training kit very well (by exploring each and every control as specified in the training kit)[ Please dont reply, saying it as, it totally depends on experience]??

Thanks in advance.. :)

Friday, May 13, 2011 11:15 AM

Answers

• Q1 - Yes

Q2 - Yes they are similar in style/strucutre i.e. multiple choice

Jeff Wharton MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    • Marked as answer by Shishi1988 Friday, May 13, 2011 12:17 PM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 12:17 PM

All replies

• Generally speaking, just reading a book and doing a few test questions will not provide you with the knowledge required to pass the exam.

Certification exams are designed to test a person experience with a technology, not their ability to exam cram.

Jeff Wharton MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    Friday, May 13, 2011 11:21 AM
  • he he he.... :)

Thanks Jeff, for ur input.

I would suggest that,

By reading the book, you would definetly acquait knowlegde pertaining to a subject [purely for knowledge not for the exam cram]. :)

Coming back to my question,

The amount of Knowledge one obtains from the training kit, is it enough to crack microsoft certification ???

ShiShi1988,

• Edited by Shishi1988 Friday, May 13, 2011 11:47 AM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 11:39 AM
  • Some people can do it some can't. 

I've seen many posts where people say "Hey, I studied the book and still failed why?"  Then you find out they've had no experience in the techology other than reading the book :-)

Friday, May 13, 2011 11:45 AM
  • Jeff, I agree with you completly,

But you gain experience even by performing Labs/ doing your own project.

ShiShi1988,

Friday, May 13, 2011 11:59 AM
  • Of course you do.  That's why the Hands-on-labs at Tech-Ed etc are popular.
    • Marked as answer by Shishi1988 Friday, May 13, 2011 12:16 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Shishi1988 Friday, May 13, 2011 12:17 PM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 12:00 PM
  • Thankyou Jeff, I completly agree,

what about question 1 and 2 of my post?? :) [ I completly agree the argument for  question 3 of my post]

ShiShi1988,

Friday, May 13, 2011 12:13 PM
  • Q1 - Yes

Q2 - Yes they are similar in style/strucutre i.e. multiple choice

• Marked as answer by Shishi1988 Friday, May 13, 2011 12:17 PM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 12:17 PM
  • Thank You Jeff :)

Friday, May 13, 2011 12:18 PM
  • No problem and thanks for marking your question answered.

Good luck with your study and exam :-)

Friday, May 13, 2011 12:43 PM