none
Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter

Question

• I have a Windows 7 Home Premium OS on my Asus desktop PC. When I try to start my Disk Defragmenter, I receive a triangle text box information notification saying "Disk Defragmenter was scheduled using another program.  Disk Defragmenter is currently using customized settings created by another program.  Before you can modify the schedule, you must remove the customized settings." When I click the Remove Settings tab, the text box disappears and does absolutely nothing.  I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 and could find no reference to it's disk defragmenter function, if any, that would cause any interference.  I should add that the Disk Defragmenter function worked perfectly until I attempted to download Windows 10, which was unsuccessful.  I have since returned to Windows 7 Home Premium and trying to resume it's original features and settings.
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Monday, December 14, 2015 10:48 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 9:12 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, December 14, 2015 10:48 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, December 14, 2015 10:46 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Monday, December 14, 2015 10:48 PM
  • Thank you, Karl.

Paul Werner Jr

Monday, December 14, 2015 11:56 PM
  • The exact same thing happened to me.  I downloaded Win10 and deleted it shortly thereafter.  I had been sailing along smoothly with Win7 and knew that if I went to Win10 and then went back to Win7 something was going to hit the fan and I was right.  You'd think after all these years you wouldn't have to put up with this BS.
    Wednesday, June 08, 2016 8:36 PM