Wordfast and valid API subscription problems RRS feed

• Question

• I subscribed for the free API Translation up to 2M characters:  I have received a key and customer ID, entered it in Wordfast, but after  translating couple of segments it gives me an error message: ServerError: translateApiexception. Cannot find an active Azur market place translator subscription associated with the request credentials. Does anyone has any idea why it doesn't work with a valid subscription?
    Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Omela,

three steps are necessary to enable your subscription in WordFast, or any other client tool allowing pass-through access to Microsoft Translator

1. Subscribe to the Microsoft Translator API on Azure Marketplace
    Subscribe to the Microsoft Translator API on Azure Marketplace here: http://datamarket.azure.com/dataset/1899a118-d202-492c-aa16-ba21c33c06cb. Basic subscriptions, up to 2 million characters a month, are free. Translating more than 2 million characters per month requires a payment. You may pick from any of the available subscription offers. This requires a Microsoft Account (formerly called Live ID), for instance a hotmail.com, outlook.com or live.com email address.

2. Register your application on Azure Marketplace
    To register your application with Azure DataMarket, visit https://datamarket.azure.com/developer/applications/ using the Microsoft Account credentials from step 1, and click on “Register”. In the “Register your application” dialog box, you can define your own Name, client ID and client secret. The redirect URI is not used for the Microsoft Translator API. However, the redirect URI field is a mandatory field: enter your personal web site. Take a note of client ID and secret.

3. Use your client ID and client secret in your application
    Enter client ID and client secret in the appropriate dialog in WordFast or whatever your client application is.

You are good to go.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Sunday, August 19, 2012 2:17 PM