Problem with New WHS Build - Connection Software Install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ive built a WHS setup and Im having some problems installing the Windows Home Server Connector Software on the client PC. When I insert the disc, it locates my server and and starts to download the software but never gets beyond 0% before returning an error.

The client is running vista Ultimate 64 bit. I can access the server via 'Network' on the client and then using the administrator user name and the password I set to access the shared folders so its clear the two computers are talking to each other so I cant understand why it wont download the software from the server.

Also when I try to brose the server with IE (http://SERVERNAME:55000/) I get to the download screen ok but when I click on download connector setup I get a HTTP 500 error

Anyone help??
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 7:25 PM

All replies

• Also, If I use windows explorer to move the the software folder on the hard drive and double click 'setup' it says the device is not connected.
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 7:33 PM
  • Also, If I use windows explorer to move the the software folder on the hard drive and double click 'setup' it says the device is not connected.

Is this a fresh install of WHS?  Did you have any problems during installation?  Typically the "device is not connected" error is due to a secondary hard drive not being available.  Can you logon to the server desktop and open the Console from there?  If so, are there any Network Health warnings?  What are the component numbers in the Console (Settings button, Resources tab)?
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 3:19 PM