Cant logon due to Vista Validation error RRS feed

• Question

• Im getting an error code 0xC004D301 and windows is not allowing me to get onto the desktop until i validate so im stuck, all its allowing me to do is access a web page to validate windows, and then it tells me its not genuine when i know it is
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:29 PM

Answers

• Looks like you have a trusted data store tamper, which means you'll have to reactivate.  If you reboot while you have this tamper, you'll get a prompt after logging in where you can enter you product key (so have it handy) and reactivate.  Can you think of anything that might have caused this?  Thanks!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:06 PM

All replies

• Looks like you have a trusted data store tamper, which means you'll have to reactivate.  If you reboot while you have this tamper, you'll get a prompt after logging in where you can enter you product key (so have it handy) and reactivate.  Can you think of anything that might have caused this?  Thanks!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:06 PM
  • im getting the same ode and trying to validate after a reboot and no luck at all can anyone help at all
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:51 AM
  • Do I understand correctly that you're getting error code 0xC004D301?  Have you tried to activate yet?

Thanks

Saturday, June 2, 2007 3:06 AM
  • I have the same problem after malware attack - yesterday some pest got to my computer (first in years, i was stupid on torrents), and after deleting about 30 dlls created in 5mins from attacks start (from parallel installation of windows XP), vista told me this message, and in my control panel I see just blank space, no icons.

So, check your PC's health, maybe you are a victim of malware...

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:18 PM