none
Issues when I create a hyperlink within forum RRS feed

• General discussion

• When I used the hyperlink feature to a web site and dropped down the CSS Class menu there seems to be an ajax_calendar_xx message that overlaps on the first drop down option.

Other feedback/question

1. What is the CSS Class allowing a user to do ?
    2. What is the Target field for? I get the Target dropdown, but what is the user scenario for the Target field?
    3. The icon next to the tooltip looks like a person in a wheelchair. Is that what it's supposed to be? If not what? If so why?

thanks.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:49 PM

All replies

• - The target argument is used to indicate where the link should open. Common usage is to have things like "_blank" which will cause it to open in a new window or "top" to force it out of a frame.

- That is a person in a wheelchair. It is a common icon indicating "accessibility.

Hope that helps.

S
    .:Sean Ottey::..::SDET::..::STO::..::MSFT::.
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:08 PM

• First time that I have played with this tool.
    We definitely need to clean the ajax_calenedar_xx out of the dropdown.
    The CSS is actually tapping into the Forum style sheet. It is showing all of the the styles that went into this project. I am trying to decide now if this is a good thing. I chose the AutoCompleteHightlightedItem below. This list should be be ordered or cleaned up. (alphabetical order, logical order, new simple list of useful common styles.)

Go to MSDN

Friday, February 15, 2008 7:06 PM
  • Ricardar said:

When I used the hyperlink feature to a web site and dropped down the CSS Class menu there seems to be an ajax_calendar_xx message that overlaps on the first drop down option.

Other feedback/question

1. What is the CSS Class allowing a user to do ?
    2. What is the Target field for? I get the Target dropdown, but what is the user scenario for the Target field?
    3. The icon next to the tooltip looks like a person in a wheelchair. Is that what it's supposed to be? If not what? If so why?

thanks.

1. It allows users to format using predefined styles. There's several known issues around this that will be addressed.
    2. Target is for the link. You can set it to open a new window. There's also known issues around that as well.
    3. That is a person in a wheelchair. Tooltips are one of the things used for accessibility, thus the wheelchair.
    Saturday, February 16, 2008 9:55 PM
  • We have logged a bug on the overlaid text. Thanks for your feedback!
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:10 AM
  • Update: This issue has been logged and will be reviewed for the next release of Forums. Thank you for taking the time to submit this feedback.
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:59 AM
  • Have heard of the pending work on this effort and appreciate the follow through.
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 2:41 PM
  • alerts test
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 2:52 PM