OCS - CWA Setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am having a lot of problems configuring CWA. Authentication seems to be working but when an attempt to create a session between CWA and OCS is made I see the following error in the event log :

The Communicator Web Access session service encountered an internal failure.

Virtual server name: Communicator Web Access

Error: E_SERVICE_INITIALIZATION

Cause: This problem is usually caused by invalid configuration or missing modules.

Resolution:

Check the configuration in the management console. If the problem persists, run setup again to repair the server.

Our setup is OCS is running on a Windows 2003 SE server. MOC can communicate with it fine (even over TLS). A CA Enterprise Edition is running on this server (could this be the problem, should it be standalone or does it matter???)

Our CWA is running on a separate Windows 2003 SE server. All certificates are created via the Web interface http://<ca server>/certsrv. Both CWA and OCS have certificates for both client and server authentication. I have created a client certificate on both for Client Authentication.

Any guidance you can give would be much appreciated.

Regards

Shane

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 9:02 AM

Answers

•  

I re-installed the OS. Created the necessary certificates and then installed CWA. This time it worked.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 7:57 AM

All replies

• Is the CWA server part of the domain? Does it trust the CA that is giving the certificates?
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 9:28 PM
  • Can you let us know the status of your issue? If you were able to resolve it, can you post your resolution here? If not, please let us know. Thanks.
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:10 PM
  •  

I re-installed the OS. Created the necessary certificates and then installed CWA. This time it worked.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 7:57 AM