Project server 2010 An exception occurred while running the job scheduler Event ID 8115 RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting this error  trhough out the day. it doesn't seem to be causing critical issues to Project server farm, it's mostly irritating to see on my event Log and not being able to resolve it with what I've tried. I've verified that those procedures are in the SQL DB  and there's  nothing much out there that details this behaviour or anything dealign wtih the event id.

An exception occurred while running the job scheduler.

Reason: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.proc_MIP_GetScheduledJobsInInterval'.

Technical Details:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.proc_MIP_GetScheduledJobsInInterval'.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Data.SqlSession.ExecuteReader(SqlCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior, SqlQueryData monitoringData, Boolean retryForDeadLock)

at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Data.SqlSession.ExecuteReader(SqlCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Administration.ScheduledJobCollection.GetScheduledJobsInNextInterval(DateTime nextDueTime)

at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Administration.JobScheduler.Execute(Guid targetInstanceId)

Thoughts ?

Christian Hernandez
    Friday, March 4, 2011 12:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

A quick search indicates this sproc is used for the user profile import within an SSP in 2007 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd957147(v=office.12).aspx).

I would suggest making sure your patched to the latest CU, there have been issues with the user profile import that have been addressed in recent CU's and failing that check the configuration around the user import, did you change database names and the old one is still being referenced?

Failing that, I think you may be in support ticket territory.

Hope this helps. 

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 4:04 PM
  • Alexander,

Thanks for your comments on this. We are in the process of installing the latest CU in our production farm. We've installed them on our Staging Environment Which mimics the same as productions and it seemed to of resolved the problem. I'm hoping this takes care of it in our PROD as well.

Thanks again !

Christian Hernandez
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 10:00 PM