Error when change server name RRS feed

• Question

• I install a crm 4 on windows 2008 with sql 2008 r2, and every time i turn on the server,  the name of the server change so the crm 4 crash what i have 2 change to make it run again?

Thanks in advance.

Juan Solares

Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:02 PM

Answers

• If you need to change the server name, you may have to reinstall CRM. Changing the server name frequently is not a good idea.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:39 PM
    Friday, July 9, 2010 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Juan,

Can you clarify a bit more what you mean by the name of the server changes??

thx,

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:23 PM
  • Hi Alex,

sorry is call computer name on computer ->properties -> computer name, domain and workgroup settings -> change settings -> change computer name

Thanks for asking,

Juan Solares

Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:28 PM
  • If you need to change the server name, you may have to reinstall CRM. Changing the server name frequently is not a good idea.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:39 PM
    Friday, July 9, 2010 9:13 AM