I live in Korea but don't speak Korean. How to I purchase Live1Care? RRS feed

• Question

• I live in Korea. I do not speak much Korean. I set my region to US so I can read the English. My credit card is from Korea. How can I purchase? If I switch to Korean, I can't read what I need to do. If I try to order from the American site, my credit card can't change to Korean bank option.

Where can I go to purchse the software?

My address is hey.keith@gmail.com(dontspam).com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Monday, April 27, 2009 11:18 AM

Answers

• You can't. Not with a credit card, at least. You can purchase a retail copy from a retailer in the US who will ship it to you or have someone in the US purchase it and send you the key from inside the package. You can the activate a subscription with that key for a year.

Be sure to read the announcement - Announcement 11/18/08 - you may want to forego purchasing a subscription.
    -steve

In which countries and languages is Windows Live OneCare available?

The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Brazil (Portuguese), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Hong Kong (English), Ireland (English), India (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

Pasted from <http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/faq.htm>

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, April 27, 2009 12:51 PM

All replies

• You can't. Not with a credit card, at least. You can purchase a retail copy from a retailer in the US who will ship it to you or have someone in the US purchase it and send you the key from inside the package. You can the activate a subscription with that key for a year.

Be sure to read the announcement - Announcement 11/18/08 - you may want to forego purchasing a subscription.
    -steve

In which countries and languages is Windows Live OneCare available?

The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Brazil (Portuguese), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Hong Kong (English), Ireland (English), India (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

Pasted from <http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/faq.htm>

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, April 27, 2009 12:51 PM
  • Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. At least now I know I have 60 days or so to find a solution.

Bless you,

Keith
    Monday, April 27, 2009 3:13 PM