How to use Sync Framework with a Device RRS feed

• Question

• How do you use Sync Framework with a emulator. What I would like to do is download a tabel from a SQL 2008 database on a server to a combo box in an application on an emulator. Is this possible. The instructions I have seen always use a regular Win Form to use sync framework. How do you do this on an emulator or an actual device.
    Thanks
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 2:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• you may want to check this out: http://synccomm.codeplex.com/
    • Marked as answer by Yunwen Bai Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:13 AM
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 8:03 AM
  • you may download the sync services for ado.net for devices from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973058. and create you own smart device application to achieve your goal.

thanks
    Yunwen
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Yunwen Bai Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:13 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:13 AM
  • I don't understand why this was marked as answer. The link goes to a sample for a WCF application. That is not what I asked for. Why was this marked as answer???
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:28 PM
  • Again Don't know what this was marked as answer. This link goes to a Hot Fix. Has nothing to do with what I am requesting. What is going on why are these being marked as answers?????
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:29 PM
  • I don't understand why this was marked as answer. The link goes to a sample for a WCF application. That is not what I asked for. Why was this marked as answer???

the synccomm project is a sample application for using sync framework for devices although using WCF.

If you happen to scroll down the bottom, you'll find these links too:

Building a Sync Services for ADO.NET Solution for Mobile Devices

Programming Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET (Devices)

Isnt that what you're looking for?
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:44 PM