Generating a CAB with Full Client Log RRS feed

• Question

• I recently submitted a bug report for PP3 on Connect along with the corresponding CAB for the client. However, MS has requested that I rerun the client toolkit and ensure that the new CAB includes the full client log not just talq.log that was included with the first CAB.

Dose anyone know how to go about doing that? Instructions on Connect simply state that running "Error Reporting" tool from the WHS Toolkit will be sufficient to generate the CAB for the client. For the moment, I just reran the tool again and posted the new CAB along with including the CAB for the server.

Friday, July 24, 2009 10:10 PM

Answers

• From as far as I understand submitting the CAB somehowe failed resulting in MS only receiving part of the information. They ask you to re-run error reporting.

[FYI: You can check the TALQ report generated. After running error reporting (from the point it asks you for sending information to MS) you can find the TALQ information in the systems %TEMP% derectory as TALQ.ZIP and TALQ.LOG. If you archive these files you could attach them to your feedback as an alternative.]

-Theo
    No home server like Home Server
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 8:37 AM

All replies

• From as far as I understand submitting the CAB somehowe failed resulting in MS only receiving part of the information. They ask you to re-run error reporting.

[FYI: You can check the TALQ report generated. After running error reporting (from the point it asks you for sending information to MS) you can find the TALQ information in the systems %TEMP% derectory as TALQ.ZIP and TALQ.LOG. If you archive these files you could attach them to your feedback as an alternative.]

-Theo
    No home server like Home Server
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 8:37 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, hopefully the second time works as expected this time.  If not i'll probaly just use the alternative method you mentioned.
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 6:39 PM