HP xw4300 with Broadcom Broadcom BCM5751 NetXtreme not achieving 1Gbps speed RRS feed

• Question

• G’day all,

Successful installation of the Beta2 on my xw4300 workstation and everything is working well. Setup did not install drivers for my NIC (Broadcom BCM5751 NetXtreme) so I installed drivers manually.

Although I have had this workstation connected successfully at 1Gps under XP Pro, Homeserver will only ever connect at 100Mbps.

I have tried several versions of the drivers (From HP site, Broadcom site) using XP drivers – I cannot find any native Server2003 drivers. I have also changed my Ethernet Cable to one which I know works and reset everything.

At one moment I did get a connection at 1Gbps but never been able to replicate the same.

I was wondering if because one computer on my network does not have Gigabit NIC is Homeserver defaulting down to match? I really doubt it and I did try with that PC removed from network.

Anyone with the same NIC or PC having similar problems?

I’m thinking of purchasing a separate Gigabit NIC card and trying that but would appreciate any help before doing that.

Other than this, nice product so far! 

Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi I am having the same issue. Were you able to resolve it? Thanks Chris
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:25 PM