"managing the worksheet enviornment" Excel 2010 exam 77-882 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  I have recently passed the Word 2010 exam 77-881.  I have had two failed attempts at the Excel 2010 77-882.  My last attempt I felt that I accuratly performed all tasks with success.  My final score was 609.  The exam, as you know, covers eight differnt topics within the program. I have been unsuccessful at being able to score ANY points in the "managing the worksheet enviornment" topic section.  I recieved 0% in this topic section.  I have not been able to find any resources that can help me with this problem.  I thought about giving up. I plan to also certify in Access 2010, and Powerpoint 2010 in the next three months.  I have never given up on anything, and I cant start now. I have rescheduled to take the Excel 2010 77-882 exam for a third time in about three weeks from now.  If you can offer me any insight or help with this "managing the worksheet enviornment" topic, i would greatly apperciate it.

Thank You.

Monday, July 25, 2011 10:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Amanda,

Sorry to hear you did not pass the exam. Readin the rest of the post i know you will pass the third time. You were close. For preparation i used the inside out series (books). I had a blogpost about this book which you can find here furthermore i installed the ribbon hero add-in as well. This nifty tool lets you practice with all the office application and give really good tips. I also did a post about the ribbon hero add in (which you can install when done) you can find this also in my blog under 'tools'.

Take a look at the mos certifcation section maybe it can help you a bit.

Maurice
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:39 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 10:35 PM
  • Maybe purchase the following content

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/certification/9780735660670/exam-77-882-microsoft-excel-2010/managing_the_worksheet_environment#X2ludGVybmFsX0ZsYXNoUmVhZGVyP3htbGlkPTk3ODA3MzU2NjA2NzAvZXhhbV83Ny04ODJfbWljcm9zb2Z0X2V4Y2VsXzIwMTAtaWQwMDE=

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Proposed as answer by Dimitri C Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:39 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:07 AM
  • Thank you. Your resouces help and encouragement are very helpful.  I am interested in taking a look at your blogpost, unfortunatly your link is not working for me. Please send a direct URL if possiable. Thanks again. Make it a great day!
    Amanda Wesselius
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:50 PM
  • Thank you.  This study guide book is a very helpful resource, it is the only study guide I have been using for the last two months.  I will continue to study it before I re-take the exam. If you can think  of anything else that wuold be benefical to me, please let me know.  Thank you so much for your insight, it is greatly apperciated.  Make it a great day!
    Amanda Wesselius
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:53 PM
  • Thank you. I will take a look at this practice test from uCertify immediatly.  I have been studying the MOS Study Guide book and after careful evaluation of the "managing the worksheet enviornment" topic section, I continue to struggle with what exactly I need to study or do differently during the exam.  I am very appericative for your help. Thank You! Make it a great day.

Amanda Wesselius
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:59 PM
  • Hi Amanda,

Apologies for the wrong url this one should get you there: http://www.mauriceausum.wordpress.com

Good luck on the exam ;-)

Maurice
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:13 PM
  • Thank. I will take a look :)
    Amanda Wesselius
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:23 PM