How to check the GUID of the current logged in user of MPP? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

How to check the GUID of the current logged in user of MPP? 

Is there any way to find the current logged in user from mpp only. I don't want to use API/PSI to get current login users guid.

thanks in advance.

Friday, September 24, 2010 2:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ram,

If you are not using API or PSI then I assume you know who you are logged in as?  If you add yourself to the project team Add Resource, Build Team from Enterprise and go to the Resource sheet then add the column GUID.  The GUID displayed is the one used throughout Porject Server to identify you.

To confirm it is really you logged in then Backstage -  File, and the Info tab will show who you are logged in as.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Friday, September 24, 2010 10:33 PM
  • Thanks Brian.

I am looking for a way to get the current login user's GUID from MSProject.Application object.

We can find out the current logged in user name from this object but not the GUID.

Is there any  way in "MSProject.Application" to get the GUID from User Name?

Any help will be appreciated.

Monday, September 27, 2010 6:45 AM
  • Hi,

In Project VBA use UserName to get teh logged in user name, then get teh GUID from teh Resource Sheet. Activeproject.reaources(UserName).GUID

This obviously required the logged in user to be a resource in the active project.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Monday, September 27, 2010 9:23 AM
  • In some cases current logged-in user might not be present in the project resource list. Then how do i get the GUID?
    Monday, September 27, 2010 12:45 PM
  • I believe the only way is to issue a PSI call
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Monday, September 27, 2010 5:32 PM
  • Hi Ram,

You can retreive the username of the currently logged in user.
    Simply connect to the reporting database, and retreive the GUID of the resource based on the Windows username from the table MSP_EpmResource.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Monday, September 27, 2010 9:18 PM