free trial one care live RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded the free trial package, but it keeps asking me to subscribe before it will scan. 
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hello, Margaret.
    Check your computer date and time by right clicking the clock in your system tray and select adjust date and time. Check the day, month, year, and time. If this is set incorrectly, it causes the trial install to expire prematurely.
    If you change the date and time, reboot the PC.
    If OneCare is in green status and you are simply getting a message to subscribe, that's normal. I don't know what the current free trial period is, but it should still be 90 days unless you previously had OneCare installed, in which case it will expire in 15 days.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 4:08 PM

All replies

• waiting for reply
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 3:06 PM
  • Hello, Margaret.
    Check your computer date and time by right clicking the clock in your system tray and select adjust date and time. Check the day, month, year, and time. If this is set incorrectly, it causes the trial install to expire prematurely.
    If you change the date and time, reboot the PC.
    If OneCare is in green status and you are simply getting a message to subscribe, that's normal. I don't know what the current free trial period is, but it should still be 90 days unless you previously had OneCare installed, in which case it will expire in 15 days.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 4:08 PM