Cannot pass WGA RRS feed

• Question

• Hope someone can help.

I had held off from updating Windows XP to SP2 after some PC problems a while back that were to do with one of two pieces of software,and not being able to rule SP2 out as one of them, I left the disc in its package when I reinstalled Windows.  Long story short, I bit the bullet and installed it recently, because I wanted to make use of a Gaelic LIP that Microsoft offer for XP.

I have since had to uninstall the language pack, as someone who shares the PC with me cannot read in Irish and it wasn't until I did some digging that I discovered it's English OR Irish.  However, since then, my XP won't validate so I can download any updates, and the tool that is posted frequently won't install either, saying that:

"Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf.  Make sure the Cryptographuc service is running on this computer."

Before anyone asks, I know for a fact my Windows is valid - if it's not:

1. HP would be having a lot to answer for.  (Yes, my XP is OEM)

2. I have previously updated and passed the validation tool - in fact, I had to pass it to install the LIP in the first place.

Also, since the uninstall, my Security Center hasn't worked either, and for some reason, the Irish is still hanging around in there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, June 23, 2006 4:06 AM

Answers

• knocknashee,

To help me understand the issue further can you please follow the steps below?

1. Download and run the WGA Diagnostic Tool  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. After running the WGA Diagnostic Tool, click on the "Windows" tab and then click on "Copy to Clipboard". Paste the results into your forum response.

Thanks,

Thursday, July 6, 2006 5:50 PM