WHS connector problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to install WHS connector software on my home pc. But I get this error..

access denied, must be an administrator to join windows home server.

A strange thing because I'am an administrator on mij pc and on my WHS also.

I can connect to WHS by explorer, I can also read/write to al the maps. I also can connect to my WHS with firefox.  And also I can connect to the remote dekstop of WHS.

WHS is NOT connected to the internet. I use the server only for local network (LAN) No NAT problem, al the ports are open.

I also tried to install the connector on an other pc and on a laptop as well, but it wont work.

Please help me out!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:09 PM

All replies

• Not exactly a WHS hardware issue, but ok.. ;-)

> WHS is NOT connected to the internet. I use the server only for local network (LAN) No NAT problem, al the ports are open.

Open ports are not relevant in this situation (only for Remote connection in case of double NAT)

What program did you start the installation of connector? It must be the setup.exe in
    yourservername\Software\Home Server Connector Software

I have tried to install WHS connector software on my home pc. But I get this error..

access denied, must be an administrator to join windows home server.

A strange thing because I'am an administrator on mij pc and on my WHS also.

I can connect to WHS by explorer, I can also read/write to al the maps. I also can connect to my WHS with firefox.  And also I can connect to the remote dekstop of WHS.

WHS is NOT connected to the internet. I use the server only for local network (LAN) No NAT problem, al the ports are open.

I also tried to install the connector on an other pc and on a laptop as well, but it wont work.

Please help me out!

Have a nice day!
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 4:04 PM