MS Money 2005 woes? RRS feed

• General discussion

• First of all, hats off and huge a round of applause for the saintly folk who continue to help MS Money 'customers' who have been using version 1105 UK for yonks, break their PC or buy a new one, and innocently stick the original disc in the CD drive. They get stuck, wonder what the hell is happening, and sometimes end up here. If this is you, don't post a question just yet, but take a browse through all the messages and make sure you understand the problem. You can probably rescue the situation!

There is a silver lining, as you will end up knowing lots more about your PC! Don't despair...

AS

Friday, June 17, 2011 6:29 PM

All replies

• Probably the best advice for people at the moment is still to,

a) Create the emergency install version of Money from their working system.

b) BACKUP their systems regularly. I've been somewhat alarmed by the number of people who have had disk crashes etc. and appear to have had to re-install everything from scratch. Even if it all went smoothly, how long does that all take ? By comparison, I can restore a fully functional Windows 7 Professional system with all the installed applications in about 15-20 minutes.

I take operating system backups of my systems one a week and all user data is incrementally and differentially backed up every day. Note: All my user data is on a separate partition from the OS and applications, so this makes like easier in that respect.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 8:22 AM
  • I've made an ISO of the patched disk (test burned and test installed) and stored it on a couple of Cloud sites.  offsite storage.  Yay.
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 8:53 AM