none
Built in Calculator broken in Windows 10

Question

• So many complaints online that since the November Windows 10 update the built in calculator is now broken. So you search out fixes on the internet only to find the powershell command on how to re register apps. So you run it, and lo and behold it doesn't work and breaks the Store all together. So you have to look for a system restore and hope it doesn't remove all the hard work and improvements you made to your system.

I thought Windows 10 was supposed to be this great and grand new thing? Why doesn't MS even suport it's own built in apps? You can't remove it and reinstall, so where is the fix beyond install a third party app that I don't have a clue to what it is accessing in the background. Please Microsoft, don't make me go to Linux.

Thursday, February 11, 2016 4:37 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, February 11, 2016 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl