Reinstall Web Components RRS feed

• Question

• I inadvertently deleted the Default Web Site in the IIS Administration tool on our OCS 2007 Standard Server.  This deleted all of the Web Component Virtual Directories that OCS created during the install.

What is the best way to recreate these directories?  I can't find a way to do it from the OCS Admin GUI or the Setup program.

I tried going to Add/Remove Programs and attempted to uninstall the Web Components, but I get an error that the install can not bind to the IIS metabase path...which makes sense given that I deleted the path it's trying to connect to.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

jon

Saturday, January 5, 2008 4:23 AM

All replies

• I suggest to you force the removal of this rule from your OCS (using LCSCMD).

After that, try to reinstall. If you still have problems, try install in other machine (in this machine probably you don`t have any kind of problem after remove the "problematic" rule)

Please, let me know if you have any doubt.

Regards,

Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:57 AM
  • I'm having similar problems uninstalling OCS. What do you mean by forcing removal of the rule? I would appreciate step by step guidance; what to say to lcscmd.

Regs,

Mika

Friday, January 18, 2008 3:37 PM
  • Hi!

To remove any OCS role, you can use this CMD:

LcsCmd.exe /server[:{FQDN}] /actionBig Smileeactivate /role:
    <name> [/force]

Regards,

Sunday, January 20, 2008 1:49 PM
  • Hey Jon,

I made the same mistake. How I fixed it was like this.

Exported configuration of the default website into a file from a different (working) box that I had. Imported this back into where uninstall failed.

Uninstall went through fine after that.

HTH

Darshan

Monday, January 21, 2008 5:55 AM