none
Changing Source of Line Graph in Excel 2007 with VBA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am hoping that some of you people will be able to help me with an issue I have..........

I am trying to change the source data of a Line chart in Excel 2007, I want the data to change when I click on the graph and be a range that is in relation to a cell that is selected prior to the graph being clicked.

I have picked up the row reference of the cell which is simple enough and fed this through to the module that I want to change the graph data in but no matter how I try I don't seem to be able to get the graph to change and keep getting a Runtime Error 438 Object Doesn't support this property or method!!

Please excuse my simple code I am not  a programmer

Dim rownumber As Integer

Dim chtobj As ChartObject

Sub Chart2_Click()

rownumber = ActiveCell.Row

Set chtobj = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(2)

With chtobj

.SetSourceData Source:=("J" & rownumber & ":AS" & rownumber)

.ChartTitle = Range("H" & rownumber)

End With

End Sub

Any help is greatly appreciated

and while I am asking questions, is there anyway of changing the type of trendline on a graph using vba, also extracting the formula from the trendline and putting it into a cell

Many thanks

Skimblet

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:20 PM not VSTO (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    • Moved by 许阳(无锡) Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:36 AM end-user issue (From:Excel for Developers)
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:29 PM

All replies