Vail Refresh Storage Pool Chart Question RRS feed

• Question

• I just finished installing the refresh and I'm migrating my data back into the storage pool.  However, when looking at the Default storage pool chart, the amount of Data Protection is almost 4tb , when I only have 3 tb of total Data, with only 2gb of free space left.  There is a terabyte that is unaccounted for.  I have duplication turned on and shadow copy turned off on every share.

What accounts for the 1tb of data that is allocated to protection?  Seems like I'm loosing more storage than I should.  In WHSv1, I had the exact same setup and I had more free space than I do now.

Not sure if it's helpful, but here are the system specs.

EVGA H55V, 4 gb DDR3, Core i5 750, 1 ICYDock 5 Bay. 4 x 2tb Western Digital Green Drives, 1 x 1tb Western Digital Green Drive (System)

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:37 PM

Answers

• In the Release Notes:

Issue

Storage Summary tab does not display correctly how space is used.

Description

The Dashboard includes a new Storage Summary tab for server folders and hard drives. In this release, the numbers reported for categories such as folders, client computer backups, data protection, and free space may be inaccurate.

Solution

No workaround is available.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:14 PM

All replies

• In the Release Notes:

Issue

Storage Summary tab does not display correctly how space is used.

Description

The Dashboard includes a new Storage Summary tab for server folders and hard drives. In this release, the numbers reported for categories such as folders, client computer backups, data protection, and free space may be inaccurate.

Solution

No workaround is available.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:14 PM
  • Thanks, can't beleave I missed that.  I appreciate it.
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:30 PM