Deploy Silverlight Application containing Service of One Organization to another Organization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I need some suggestions for this discussion.

Actually I have developed one silverlight Application for my organization using my Organization Service and OdataService.

I want to deploy that packaged in a solution to another organization .Is it possible to deploy in another organization?

I simply built an application which is running outside the CRM using HTML hosted silverlight page and Packaged in a solution with all the web resource and the Contact Entity.Again I imported that solution from other organization.it works fine.But If we have service from one organization will it work for other?

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

there should be no problem in transferring your solution from one organization to another as long as you are constructing the URL to the services dynamically, which means as long as you don't hardcode the organization name in your code but instead use the "getServerUrl()" function to construct the service URLs. If you are not sure about this you can post your code (the part that connects to the services) here.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 8:44 AM
  • Thanks Pavlos,

I have written code to get serverurl dynamically.But the Context Class how will use in other organization.

Means how i will use the XContext in Y organization.

will it work?

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

I don't think there will be a problem as long as the organizations have the same customizations (custom fields etc.). The best way to confirm this would be to just try it out in a new test organization.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:28 AM