none
What's new with Streets & Trips 2013 ? RRS feed

• Question

• What's really new with Streets & Trips 2013 compared with previous editions? I already have 2010 and 2011 editions.

serge loriaux

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 6:18 PM

All replies

• Thank you very much! Appreciated!

serge loriaux

Thursday, July 5, 2012 3:28 PM
  • Another question: I have the 2013 edition on a trial period. Fine so far.

I just received from a friend a map built on the 2010 version and when I want to open it from my laptop the system takes the 2013 trial version although I want that map to be opened with my 2010 edition of S&T since I have to add some pushpins. If I do bring those addings on the 2013 edition I will have to save the whole map on the 2013 version, then ruining the work.

I did search how to bypass this problem but didn't find nothing so far. If I can't find the solution I will have to uninstall the 2013 trial edition. Have the solution?

serge loriaux

Friday, July 6, 2012 6:58 PM
  • Serge,

An older version (for example v2010) will not be able to open a file saved in a newer (for example 2013) version.

If you wish to support a user of v2010, install v2010 on your system. You can have multiple versions installed on a single computer in parallel.

S&T Tips & Tricks laptopgpsworld.com/749-tips-tricks

Independent S&T forum laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft

Laptop GPS World

Friday, July 6, 2012 8:24 PM
  • Maybe I was not clear on my previous message.

I already have the 2010 edition of S&T installed in my computer. My actual problem is that, since the 2013 trial version have been downloaded, I cannot anymore open 2010 maps I received... it's the 2013 trial version that opens! Then, I cannot bring addings on this map since I don't want to do it on 2013 edition! How may I bypass the 2013 opening and that it is the 2010 that will open?

Serge

serge loriaux

Sunday, July 8, 2012 5:54 PM
  • Serge, you could open the program version 2010, and then from within the program, open the 2010 files. To do that, on the File menu, click Open.

Laptop GPS World

Monday, July 9, 2012 2:17 PM
  • The file is received from an email and when I try to download it from the email to save it in the computer I have to open it and then I have no choice since this is the trial 2013 version that appears on the screen without possibility of choosing any other version! That's the problem! If the file would already been downloaded in the computer there would be no problem since I can choose from which version I can open it!

serge loriaux

Monday, July 9, 2012 2:25 PM
  • Serge,

Usually if an email attachment is received, there should be not just the option to "Open", but also an option to "Save".

However, there's also other way to deal with this issue at hand. Right-click any S&T file you have on you computer, select "Open with", click "Choose default program", and then either click "Streets & Trips 2010", if it is already in the dialog box, or click the "Browse" button to find it. Make sure there is a check-mark in front of the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of a file" option. Doing this procedure once will associate S&T files on your computer with the 2010 version of the program.

Laptop GPS World

Monday, July 9, 2012 3:24 PM
  • Now, it's working fine and the way I want! Thank you!

serge loriaux

Monday, July 9, 2012 3:37 PM
  • You are welcome.

Laptop GPS World

Monday, July 9, 2012 6:07 PM