Importing Customizations RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

We have Live & Test Environments. I am describing the forms and relations in the below.

We have some custom entities defined in Live. Also same exist in Test also.

In Test environment additionally created two more entities and made relationship with the existing entities. So if we import this new entities along with existing entities(old) customizations into Live, will it destroy old relations and create new relations in Live or it creates new relations and old relations will be as it is?

Kindly let me know.

Thanks in Advance,

NAG

Sunday, May 9, 2010 8:58 AM

Answers

• Hi NAG,

It will create new relations and keep the old ones.  The import customisation feature DOES NOT perform any delete operations so any existing relationships will remain.  If you are really concerned, then I would suggest running the import in another test environment to keep your mind at peace.

Regards,

Matt

• Proposed as answer by MattTan Sunday, May 9, 2010 11:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, May 10, 2010 2:51 PM
    Sunday, May 9, 2010 10:26 AM
  • I agree with Matt,

if you have manually deleted any relationship in your test envrionment then you need to manually delete the relationship in live envrionment as well.

if you have just chnage relationships (i.e. added new and change existing values) then CRM system import will take care of this and will import all chnages from test to Live.

Hope this helps..

Sunday, May 9, 2010 10:49 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi NAG,

It will create new relations and keep the old ones.  The import customisation feature DOES NOT perform any delete operations so any existing relationships will remain.  If you are really concerned, then I would suggest running the import in another test environment to keep your mind at peace.

Regards,

Matt

• Proposed as answer by MattTan Sunday, May 9, 2010 11:34 PM
    Sunday, May 9, 2010 10:26 AM
  • I agree with Matt,

if you have manually deleted any relationship in your test envrionment then you need to manually delete the relationship in live envrionment as well.

if you have just chnage relationships (i.e. added new and change existing values) then CRM system import will take care of this and will import all chnages from test to Live.

Hope this helps..

Sunday, May 9, 2010 10:49 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Matt & Mayank for clarifying my doubt .
    Sunday, May 9, 2010 11:06 AM