none
Answers no longer visible below first post RRS feed

• Question

• since yesterday the posting marked as Answers are no longer displayed below the first post.

After the first post all replies follows even if there're some accepted answers.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:18 PM

Answers

• just look at any thread which do have been answered, e.g. this one Flips to Chinese.

In the past, after the first posting by Kalman there's a section with all Answers group together followed by the section "All Replies".

At the moment, the section All Answers does not exists even the last post is marked as answer by you.

you can even look at threads which had been answered a long time ago.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Check your settings.

I also noticed what you explained (all the options are disabled) when signed-out.

I think this is different from how they defaulted before the update.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:01 PM

All replies

• In the last day or so, we sometimes find that the number of replies and the user that last replied in a thread are updated on the main forum page, but when you open the thread you don't see all of the lastest posts. Is this the problem you experience?

This thread is where the issue has been discussed:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/eefb8f96-2eda-4e3a-a406-efde48434799

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:34 PM
  • just look at any thread which do have been answered, e.g. this one Flips to Chinese.

In the past, after the first posting by Kalman there's a section with all Answers group together followed by the section "All Replies".

At the moment, the section All Answers does not exists even the last post is marked as answer by you.

you can even look at threads which had been answered a long time ago.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:52 PM
  • That's a different problem, but I think I've seen it before. I see the "Answers" section just after the question, and this is followed by the "All Replies" section, but the Answer (in the green border) does not show who marked it as an answer and when. When you scroll down you find the same reply later (in chronological order), it shows who marked it "Proposed Answer" and who marked it "Answer". This is what I see, from the bottom of the original question down to the "All Replies" section:

Depending on whether you get the msdn or technet view of the thread, answers are marked by a green border or not. My guess is that your view does not include the green border (like I see), so you don't have any indication that the reply is marked an answer (until you scroll down to find the same reply in chronological order).

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:12 PM
  • Surely, surely, surely, all these different flavors of problems like this are all part and parcel of the same bug. From missing posts in forum pages, to out of sync email messages, to temporarily missing post comments...

It is pointing to the same area and there are now 10+ posts describing a similar phenomenon since the last forums update.

Got to be a possibility?

Before another post about the same problem occurs, wouldn't a sticky post be appropriate until the matter is resolved?

Dave Baker | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 Opinions are my own. Please mark as answer if this helps solve your problem.

• Edited by Xpert360 Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:38 PM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:37 PM
  • Check your settings.

I also noticed what you explained (all the options are disabled) when signed-out.

I think this is different from how they defaulted before the update.

hi Derosnec

normally I read the posts without being logged into and therefore My Settings don't apply and as such the default settings are used.

After log in and saving the settings I see the Answers section again - even beeing logged off again.

As you guess it seems that the default setting had been changed without being communicated and therefore I would classify it it as an issue with the patch for the January update.

I've just noticed that the settings are stored in a cookie called 'forumsPref'

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:13 PM
  • I had an email several minutes ago with this text

"Check your settings.

I think this is different from how they defaulted before the update."

I can't see it in the thread and probably wont from some time. This happens to me on any of 3 PC's (Win8, Win7) and was not happening until this week. Zero changes to settings (at least deliberate on my part).

I would go as far as it is more less happening all the time now.

UPDATE: Cleared the cache (IE9 + an IE10 on W8) back in, replies to posts still not visible, yet. They will be available sometime soon no doubt.

Dave Baker | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 Opinions are my own. Please mark as answer if this helps solve your problem.

• Edited by Xpert360 Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:11 PM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:06 PM