Live OneCare and Backups RRS feed

• General discussion

• When will Microsoft provide a Live OneCare product that does not have to create a complete new backup set when Live OneCare is reinstalled due to OneCare problems?

I have been using this product since inception including Beta testing and find this is one area that seriously needs to be addressed.

All of the backup indices are lost when OneCare is reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled which requires a brand new backup set. While external backup hard drives are not that expensive, I find it very inconvenient to perform a complete backup when OneCare fails for any reason.

It would be great to have MS produce a separate backup program, with the at least the features in OneCare. Because I had to reinstall OneCare last week because it failed on an issue related to the firewall, I am no longer using OneCare backup but have purchased a separate program; Backup4all which works quite well at least so far. The support team was not able to resolve the firewall issue and requested I reinstall.

Other then the backup issue, I have been very happy with the other components of the product. I look forward to future capability.

Thank you.

Bob S.

Sunday, December 9, 2007 5:03 PM

All replies

• It is maddening, I agree. The catalog is apparently stored in the database, so it gets reset on reinstall. I also hope that this gets changed going forward so that recovery of the catalog is possible.

-steve

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 1:29 AM