In what situations would the CRM Client for Outlook need to be reconfigured and resynced? RRS feed

• Question

• Often my users have issues with Outlook and/or the CRM 2011 add-in. Some methods of troubleshooting Outlook will break the CRM add-in's organization configuration, and resyncing from scratch is undesirable in my environment for various reasons (time for initial sync, duplicate entries in Outlook).

I'd like to know in what situations the CRM add-in would need to be set up again (and consequently, sync for the first time). This would be when the CRM menu is missing and the initial configuration dialog appears.

For example:

- Creating a new profile in Outlook under a user that was already using CRM in Outlook on the same computer will break the organization configuration and require you to configure it again and sync for the first time.

Other situations I'd like to know about:

- After repairing the Outlook installation
    - After uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook
    - After repairing the CRM Client installation
    - After uninstalling and reinstalling the CRM Client
    - Other things I haven't thought of

Friday, February 24, 2012 5:27 PM

Answers

• After repairing, you will not require to reconfigure CRM addin. However, if it involves a uninstall & re-install, you will need to reconfigure CRM.

- After repairing the Outlook installation - Does not need CRM reconfiguration
    - After uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook - Will need reconfiguration
    - After repairing the CRM Client installation - Does not need CRM reconfiguration.
    - After uninstalling and reinstalling the CRM Client - Will need reconfiguration

If you have outlook on a computer configured for a CRM user but the outlook does not have an email configured, then you can just add an email without re-configuration.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 1:58 AM