Windows Desktop Search 4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I read somewhere that if you were to install Windows Desktop Search 4 on both your Windows Home Server and Vista client machine you are able to search your Windows Home Server files directly from Vista.

I have installed Windows Desktop Search 4 on my Windows Home Server running Power Pack 1, and have also installed it on my Vista client running x86 Ultimate with SP1. The search facility seems to work great in Windows Home Server but for the life of me I cannot get them to link/talk with one another.

I have scoured the Internet with Google and came up with nothing, I can't even find the original post/site where I read this could be done.

Have I made it up or am I missing something completely? Do you have to perform any additional steps or configure any options, and if so, how?

My network is performing normally and I have not encountered any errors installing Windows Desktop Search 4.

Has anybody managed to achieve this or something similar?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:42 AM

All replies

• if you access shares on your WHS on your vista client, can you be able to search directly in the explorer?

that's what "remote query" supposed to...

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:50 AM