Sharepoint Shared Services RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have MOSS 2007 Enterprise edition installed. I could see a site in IIS, localhost:18142 apart from the central administration site and the default Sharepoint-80 site. When I went to see this site, it is sharedservices1 listed under shared services admn. Is there a way to delete this sharedservices site?

Secondly, I was trying to install a Microsoft web application (Business portal) and by default it always picks up sharepoint-80 website in general. however, for some reason, it is picking up this shared services site (localhost:18142). This is throwing errors at the end of the install. Usually if it installs to default sharepoint-80, it installs perfectly, Why this sharedservices site is being picked up?

Just to add, I didnt install the sharepoint and our client had installed it using Admin login. They provided me with another Admin login. In all sharepoint sites, this id was listed as farm administrator.
    Thanks Janakiram M.P. Blog : http://www.janakirammp.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    you MUST leave the "sharedservices1" site live, it is used by the MOSS itself. if you want to see more detail about this services go here. but if you want to delete you the command is:

stsadm.exe -o deletessp -title <nameofsharedservices>

AC

Monday, December 28, 2009 7:49 PM