Microsoft Lync 2010 Survivable Branch Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue with a Lync 2010 deployment.  We are deploying several branch sites with Survivable Branch Servers.  We are using Cisco ISR routers as voice gateways.  Each voice gateway has an analog line or more for PSTN connectivity.  These analog lines are set up in hunt groups from the PSTN side.  When a call comes in, we route the call to response group on the Lync FE server through the SBS.  I understand when the WAN is down that response group functionality is not available on the SBS.  However, what I noticed is that when the WAN is down the router still routes the call to the SBS server.  However, the SBS server does not respond with a rejection message of the invite.  Without a rejection message, I cannot alternately route on the voice gateway.  The main number is not associated with a user, but we would like to have the main number terminate at the SBS.  Does anyone know how we can get this scenario to work?  DID calls survive just fine (that are assigned to users), but a main number call does not.  We do not want to associate the incoming call with an individual user unless it is only in a failover scenario.  We and the customer feels that this is a major design flaw to not be able to failover the main number.  Any ideas?
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:38 PM