Cant add Notes to Opportunity Form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there -

I have created a new form on the Opportunity Entity and called that Opportunity Form 2. I want to add a Notes control to the form but the control is disabled (grey'd out) and I cant seem to do anything to make it selectable.

I've confirmed that the Opportunity entity DOES have the notes button selected under the Collaboration. I've also confirmed that I am selecting a section while trying to add the Notes Control from the ribbon.

This is CRM 2011 on prem, and I am a sys admin so I know its not a security role issue. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can go about adding a notes section to this form?

Thanks so much!

Monday, March 31, 2014 4:08 PM

Answers

• Can you check if the notes control is already there on the form? When a new form is created, notes control is present on the form by default. Guessing that this could be the reason why you see that control disabled

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by Alip85 Monday, March 31, 2014 5:31 PM
    Monday, March 31, 2014 5:28 PM

All replies

• Can you check if the notes control is already there on the form? When a new form is created, notes control is present on the form by default. Guessing that this could be the reason why you see that control disabled

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by Alip85 Monday, March 31, 2014 5:31 PM
    Monday, March 31, 2014 5:28 PM
  • Thank you, that was it. I noticed the tab was renamed to Attachments.
    Monday, March 31, 2014 5:31 PM