Raid Driver for Marvell chipset on intel Motherboard RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I recently built a new Windows Home server using the Intel 975XBX2KR motherboard.   This MB has 8 SATA slots.  Four of them are run by the intel chipset and 4 from the Marvell Chipset.  I connected by drives to the Intel SATA ports and Windows Home Server fould them without a problem.  WHS is choking on drivers for the Marvell Chip Set.

A Phone call to Intel validated that Intel does not have Marvell driveres for Windows Server 2003 but they do have them for many other operating sysyems.   A phone call to Marvell was useless as they do not do end-user support and only support the companies that buy their chip sets.  

There are Marvell drivers for Windows 2003 Server at the Marvell Web site, I just have to match up the version of the Marvell Chipset with the right driver and hope I don't blue Screen my WHS server which  is running pretty well.  if anyone has found these drivers for this chipset on the MB - I would love to know.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:02 PM

Answers

• This may sound daft but try the WinXP drivers, they should work fine

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&Inst=Yes&ProductID=2578&DwnldID=12018&strOSs=44&OSFullName=Windows*%20XP%20Professional&lang=eng
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:49 PM
  • Thank You - I updated my post a bit - Whatever drivers WHS loaded for the intel chip set - those are working find but WHS is not liking the Marvell Drivers - I will try the XP version of the Marvell Drivers and see if that works

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:35 PM
  • Sorry I should have said that link is for the Marvel storage controller its just from the intel site (using an intel board I figured they would have at least a link or download for the drivers right there)
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:39 PM

All replies

• This may sound daft but try the WinXP drivers, they should work fine

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&Inst=Yes&ProductID=2578&DwnldID=12018&strOSs=44&OSFullName=Windows*%20XP%20Professional&lang=eng
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:49 PM
  • Thank You - I updated my post a bit - Whatever drivers WHS loaded for the intel chip set - those are working find but WHS is not liking the Marvell Drivers - I will try the XP version of the Marvell Drivers and see if that works

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:35 PM
  • Sorry I should have said that link is for the Marvel storage controller its just from the intel site (using an intel board I figured they would have at least a link or download for the drivers right there)
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:39 PM
  • I just built an Intel 975XBX2KR box running Windows Server 2003 and encountered a PCI Device driver absent but this thread resolved the problem.

The XP driver for the Marvel RAID controller seemingly works.

Thanks for the direction! 

Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:43 AM
  • Hello all,

Intel removed the Marvell Raid Driver..
    dono why..
    can anyone provide a link to a location that I can get this?
    thanks..

Saturday, July 18, 2009 6:17 AM