none
how to earn points RRS feed

• Question

• how do I earn points. I do not have a lot if you check with my account.

• Moved by Reed KimbleMVP Sunday, February 12, 2017 1:09 PM Points question posted in VB Language
    Sunday, February 12, 2017 12:00 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Points are earned by assisting others. For example, if you provide a non-answer but helpful reply you get some points while if your reply answers a question you are given points. 

That is high level. For example if you answer a question today and the answer is accepted today you get 20 points while if your reply is not accepted say for a week the points will be 15.

Also writing code samples e.g. https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Adding-new-records-into-53ce3eb1

Write for TechNet

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Sunday, February 12, 2017 12:07 AM
  • how do I earn points.

At the upper left of a forum page you will see a link labeled "Quick Access"

Click on the downarrow and it will open a menu. Scroll down the menu to the
    entry "FAQ" and click on it:

It should take you to a page such as this:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7359.forums-help-faq.aspx

Scroll down the Contents to the section "Recognition System" and click on
    the link "How do I get points?"

- Wayne

Sunday, February 12, 2017 1:19 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Points are earned by assisting others. For example, if you provide a non-answer but helpful reply you get some points while if your reply answers a question you are given points. 

That is high level. For example if you answer a question today and the answer is accepted today you get 20 points while if your reply is not accepted say for a week the points will be 15.

Also writing code samples e.g. https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Adding-new-records-into-53ce3eb1

Write for TechNet

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Sunday, February 12, 2017 12:07 AM
  • how do I earn points.

At the upper left of a forum page you will see a link labeled "Quick Access"

Click on the downarrow and it will open a menu. Scroll down the menu to the
    entry "FAQ" and click on it:

It should take you to a page such as this:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7359.forums-help-faq.aspx

Scroll down the Contents to the section "Recognition System" and click on
    the link "How do I get points?"

- Wayne

Sunday, February 12, 2017 1:19 AM
  • I see zero in your account. So you don't have any which is less than "not have a lot" which would mean you have at least some.

How do You Earn Recognition Points and Achievement Medals on MSDN and TechNet?

La vida loca

Sunday, February 12, 2017 1:22 AM

• Points are earned by assisting others. For example, if you provide a non-answer but helpful reply you get some points while if your reply answers a question you are given points.

That is IF someone votes your post up or the person that asked the question actually marks your post as an answer.   8)

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

Sunday, February 12, 2017 2:04 AM