none
WHS Backup RRS feed

• Question

• I’ve just upgraded one of my PC’s to Windows 7 x64, when a backup is scheduled or a Manual backup is started for this machine it gets to 79% complete and stays there. I have 4 other computers connected to the same network, 2 running Win XP Pro, 1 Vista Home premium and 1 running Windows 7 Home premium, I’ve had “NO” problems with the backups on these computers. ( This PC was Vista Ultimate and I did not have any issues with it either). I’ve tried this a number of times with the same result, I’m Stuck at 79%. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

I’m using the HP Media EX470 with 2 X 1TB, and a 500gb drive, I’ve increased the memory to 2Gb.

The PC is a Acer Quad Core Aspire M5620, with 6 Gb RAM, ATI 4890 Video card and 1x 500g and 1 X 300g HDD

Sunday, December 6, 2009 3:33 AM

Answers

• Thanks, not sure what happened but I rebooted WHS, and the next back up worked fine, don't know why, I did this before, those pesky 111's  & 000's I guess.

Thanks for the response thoug.

CCH
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 12:54 AM

All replies

• Seems like this was fixed in some updates... make sure you are all the way to Powerpack 3.
    If not, then time to send logs to Microsoft Connect
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 12:36 AM
  • Thanks, not sure what happened but I rebooted WHS, and the next back up worked fine, don't know why, I did this before, those pesky 111's  & 000's I guess.

Thanks for the response thoug.

CCH
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 12:54 AM