PowerPivot fields don't drag and drop on client browser...but they do on the server browser RRS feed

• Question

• In PWA you can go into reports and run a standard report called "TimesheetActuals".

When I do this on a browser on the server, the fields on the right side of the display allow me to drag and drop them. However, from my client PC I cannot. I get the powerpivot table to display just fine, but when I try to drag a field from one area to the other, nothing happens and sometimes it freezes the screen

Friday, May 30, 2014 4:30 PM

All replies

• Which version of Project Server are you using? Since you claim that you can drag and drop on browser, I will assume 2013.

If Excel client is not functioning properly, it could be an issue with the system, RAM. Have you tried doing this with another PC? I consitently observed that my PC with 4GB RAM sometimes cannot handle Excel 2013, PowerPivot and PowerView without stalling.. 

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Friday, May 30, 2014 4:59 PM
  • Yes, we are using Project Server 2013...I have tried this on other users machines and have the same result, but those machines also only have 4GB. 
    Friday, May 30, 2014 5:44 PM
  • I have now tried this on a new Dell Optiplex 7010 with 64bit Windows 7 OS and 8GB RAM and still have the same results...
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 3:21 PM